South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 26-03-2010, 01:45 PM

Question Recommendations for Mappers Please

As the title, I am looking for someone to remap by Subaru and would like recommendations please.

I have a newage 04 WRX with exhaust mods but the car has never been mapped so I need it remapped to suit. I live in Medway, Kent but would be prepared to travel

I have a limited budget so I might not be able to go down the route of EcuTek and pay the additional for the licence. I don't mind what software is used as long as it wont kill my car.

I know there is a highly recommended monster mapper on here but his charges reflect his years of knowledge an experience, which my budget probably won't stretch to, so looking for other options.

Cheers

Stuart
Old 26-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Gold Member

Give Simon a call.....

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/
Old 26-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Bronze Member

Your choice of a suitable mapper should be the deciding factor not your budget... Save for the right choice
Old 26-03-2010, 02:13 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

I think I am right in saying Scott and therefore Simon could map that age/model without using ECUTEK licence and therefore should be able to do it at a competative price, but I'm not sure if Scott is still mapping commercially these days.

Both Scott (Polar performance) Simon (Jolly green monster) come highly regarded, and local So you would do well using either. Simon does it for a living so arguably has mapped more cars ergo an argument to say possibly more experience. Scott does it more as a side line and a hobby, but been in the game for years as well. So pays ya money takes ya choice as they say.

There are plenty of others as well, but most of them are northern based.

Last edited by RobEvo5; 26-03-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 26-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

welcome to SES

Scott recently decided not to continue mapping so i'd go with Simon (Jolly Green Monster) if I were you.
Old 26-03-2010, 07:04 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Simon did mine, and i've never looked back

www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk
Old 26-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Authorised Trader

Simon did mine, highly recommend him

Don't try and save a few £££ and get a bodged map.... pay the money and get it done properly
Old 26-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Silver Member

Hello there
Old 27-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

I use simon aka Jolly Green Monster very happy with is magic
Old 28-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Gold Member

I think Scott may still be doing the odd map again soon and you'll save the cost of the licence,might be worth contacting him.He mapped my car and I'am more than happy.
Old 29-03-2010, 01:46 AM

Thanks folks for the welcome and appreciate your comments so far.

It seems people are recommending just 2 mappers - Simon or Scott.

Not ruling out Simon or Scott but looking at options, I have come across other mappers that people may know of including Duncan (dynamix) (http://www.racedynamix.com/new/). Anyone ever had any dealing with him or know or experience of any others?
Old 29-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Not ruling out Simon or Scott but looking at options, I have come across other mappers that people may know of including Duncan (dynamix) (http://www.racedynamix.com/new/). Anyone ever had any dealing with him or know or experience of any others?
Yes know duncan
His new at the mapping and still finding his way
There are two people i'd get to mapp my car and one rolling road i'd use
Mapping simon or pat
rollers charlie surrey rolling road
Old 29-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Duncan (Dynamix) is a top bloke, very nice to deal with and knows his way round the ECU using OpenSource (licence free) software. Not saying he's any better or worse then anyone else mentioned on this thread though

But certainly better then some of the more unknown ECUTEK mappers and some of the OpenSource mappers (term used loosley) that seem to think they can sell a OpenSource Map by post on Ebay (i.e for a start on a near stock 2001-2005 WRX you need to do more then just flash a map to achieve much more then 1bar boost).