South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 14-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Default Time to think,

Hi guys,
Currently just gone under acl knee surgery and sitting here thinking away as not a lot else to do.
Just pondering, after owning early wrx's. And the recent new age sti and newage evo I've come to these thoughts ...

Early wrx's maybe at a safe 300/310hp I think are great cars now sheer price the rawness and old school I've realised how much I like them, the later sti was good went well and really easy to get in and out off so all round great driver,
Now the evo mmmmmm lol nice but shall return to the Scoob scene, lol

My picture perfect Scoob would be a type ra with newage engine and box I believe,

Can fully see why Scott went back to his classic,

Next one is going to be a classic sti for sure

The ring trip I'm really trying to sort out, will either be in the evo or a type ra

That's my 2p's worth
Old 15-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

Blimey at least it took me a year to get bored of the Evo lol

I've said if a mint RA she'll comes up I'm gonna transfer everything from the blob STi
Old 15-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
Can fully see why Scott went back to his classic,

Next one is going to be a classic sti for sure
You know it makes sense.....

I started to look at clean original Type R's when I decided to go back to a classic, but when I started to add up all the things I would need to do/change i.e Suspension, Brembo's, Intercooler, ECU etc...etc...to get me back where I was with the previous Classic it all started to add up to a little too much.

I knew the guy wasn't using mine, so the cheeky email asking to buy it back paid off and I am back 'nearly' where I want to be.....

If a dead clean Type R were to turn up, I would be tempted, but I really can't see me parting with the original 'SilverSurfer' any time soon.......
as it's been part of the family since 2003.
Old 15-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post

The ring trip I'm really trying to sort out, will either be in the evo or a type ra
Does not matter which you drive just as long as you are with us..
Old 15-02-2014, 09:35 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Blimey mate, I'm getting dizzy trying to keep up.... Variety is the spice of life, but even by my standards your on a mission at the moment..

That said and have always said it, pound for pound you can't beat a scoob. Classic's are nice and the definitive scoob/rally car, but they are getting leggy now and unless you are lucky, you will have to pay a premium for a good one. So for me blob newages are/will be the new classic.
Old 16-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member

Yea just really thought these two cars would be much the same, but they aren't the bug sti was a much better car day in day out. and to be fair after jgm map much more aggressive
and my old classics with decent suspension and rubber like ad08's or r888s really handle well, I just think a 7-8k car on the drive doesn't offer other than looks much more performance than a 2k wrx with 1500 worth of rubber and suspension.
maybe its just me, but its made me think a bit more, if a real clean wrx/sti ra comes up at good price i shall be hoping in to it

Maybe its the tramadole tablets for the pain im on lol

Last edited by scooby doo; 16-02-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 16-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

which knee?
Old 16-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiidaa View Post
which knee?
Right mate
Old 16-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

bugger, loud pedal leg