South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > New Members (first thread here please)

New Members (first thread here please) New members introduce yourself to our existing members here.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Regular User

Default Hi there. Looking for my old car on here!

Hi there.

Ex-owner of 3 scoobs, sold my last one in 2008 (Fluffy), found out that the person that bought it from me (Duncan) is selling her and I am curious.

Call me nostalgic but I wouldn't say know to buying her back if she is anywhere how I left her!

Black STI5 Reg C2 EVL, was living in Winchester area I believe? Since I can't see the sales area and can't use the search facility, I am pretty stuffed on here tbh!

Cheers,

Nick
Old 05-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

not seen it
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Hi there

Have not seen a black one either and would remember that plate,get a few posts up and you will get access to all of the forum
Old 05-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Footlong View Post
Black STI5 Reg C2 EVL, was living in Winchester area I believe? Since I can't see the sales area and can't use the search facility, I am pretty stuffed on here tbh!
Don't recall seeing it at any meets but that doesn't mean the current owner isn't on here...

As above, the rest of the forum will open up within 5 or 10 posts. Its to prevent people signing up just to flog stuff without contributing to the community a bit first.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Regular User

Thanks guys. I bought her back from the guy that I sold her to. He had taken no care of her at all, hadn't properly serviced her at all in 5 years, mashed the engine with the 30k he put on it, mashed the interior, mashed pretty well everything.

Call me a fool but I made a project out of her and replaced pretty well the entire interior, fixed the million & one electrical/electronic issues and had her in a state where we could tow her over to Newbury to Subaru4you on a towbar.

Madam towed me like a champ until the very last minute, practically yards from S4U. Didn't pay enough attention to TomTom, got flusterd and slammed on the anchors after missing the turn off the roundabout, sending me right up her chuffer lol.....

One of those things, now parting Fluffy out and have bought a modded Blobeye JDM STI to play with .

Thanks again,

Nick.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Regular User

Weird that I can't edit my post, towing ROD, not towbar. Luckily we towed using my mum's A6 Avant and not my RS6, I claimed that the towing point was too high! The Audi barely looked like anything had touched it, the front of the scoob looked like a boxer who has just had half his teeth punched out .
Old 10-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Bronze Member (formerly Red Devil)

good luck trying to find her
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Hi and lol, I did find her, well what was left of her. Fixed up almost everything bar the engine and was going to go to town on that until madam caved in the front end towing me to S4U but thanks all the same .

Nice Rottie, had them all my life too and my current beast called Titan is simple georgeous
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Gold Member

Hello and welcome. Interesting story, sorry it turned out how it did. Get some pics up of your new (and old) car(s)
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Regular User

Hi . Pretty high res but here are a few photos from Fluffy as she was when I sold her, not the state that she was in when I got her back!

http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/.../exterior4.jpg

http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...exterior15.jpg

http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...interior15.jpg

As for the new one, I bought her from Matt but via Snet - http://bbs.scoobynet.com/subaru-444/...3-jdm-sti.html

Making a few alterations to her/making her more daily drive-friendly but should also be upping the power a bit more in due course.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Regular User

Wheels are being swapped, the ear-bleedingly noisy Nur spec R being removed (been there, done that before), the tow loops are being removed, suspension raised by about an inch or so and the paddle clutch swapped for something that can handle the power with a far more OE feel. Not sure what else yet.

Ah yes, I need to find pics of what the standard gearknob/handbrake/cigarette lighter look like on a Blobeye JDM STI too so I can swap those too. She has a WR1 gearknob and a silver handbrake handle but they don't "do" it for me or madam.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

The new blob looks lovely. Didn't the wheels come with it or you changing them?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member

My old Rotas on Matts JDM blob

Nice Car
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Regular User

The wheels are 18" Rota Grid Drifts and they are coming off the car. I have a few people queuing to have them off me. Putting RD21s on in Anthracite with Eagle F1 assym2 rubber.

The blob needs a bit of love in the bodywork department and I have a good friend that is a top class detailer so he will sort her out .
Old 10-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Regular User

Anger, would you be kind enough to absolutely confirm the PCD on them please? I went out yesterday and compared bolt 1-2, times 1.701 and got close to 120. I then did the same on the STI5 sitting next to her and got 98. That to me sais that the blob was 114 PCD and the classic was 100 as expected.

I still haven't had a chance to jack both cars and play wheel swapsies just to make sure that they are both in fact 100 PCD.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Really liking both of those, the new blob is very nice (seen it at Surrey meets before) and the classic looked very tidy too!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Anger, would you be kind enough to absolutely confirm the PCD on them please? I went out yesterday and compared bolt 1-2, times 1.701 and got close to 120. I then did the same on the STI5 sitting next to her and got 98. That to me sais that the blob was 114 PCD and the classic was 100 as expected.

I still haven't had a chance to jack both cars and play wheel swapsies just to make sure that they are both in fact 100 PCD.
5x100
9.5x18 et35
Old 10-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Regular User

Schtar, thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Silver Member

very tidy blob!! i had my eye on this on ebay!! not sure why youd sell somthing like this to buy somthing that will constanly be broken down them saphies are a nightmare!!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

Both of your cars bring a tear to my eye. The classic because it was so nice and is no more, the blob for what it is and was up for sale for! Lot of car for the money, nice one
Old 10-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
She has a WR1 gearknob .
I would be interested in the knob
Old 10-06-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
I would be interested in the knob
Sure we've heard you say that before
Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Rest in peace Simon.

Saw fluffy at sub4u last week

That blob is really really good example.

Exhaust does need changing as it is mental, we got stopped by a big cop out setting it up and all he wanted was a quieter exhaust fitted lol.

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166
Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Regular User

Big E - Will keep you in mind for first refusal, I actually have no clue what the going rate is for it.

Simon, (balls, I think I had a PM from you and forgot to reply, sorry about that )one of those things and I think it was for the best as the previous guy totally destroyed her mechanically and a lot of the electrics too, even though I fixed those. I was pulling the engine bay apart last night and I lost count of how many pipes were barely tightened up/missing hose clips etc.

The blob is booked in with Len from 22/06/13 until whenever and I have no idea about your hectic schedule but I think your expertise with her may well be needed as I mentioned to Len & Co. If you have the time, please have a look at this thread - http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-g...questions.html as she isn't overly happy and the power delivery seems off/nowhere near how it should feel when our other 3 cars can all take her. The 6 fair enough but the other two....

Someone has kindly offered up a full Milltek TS system in exchange for the Blitz/RCS setup but I wanted to run it past you first regarding performance compared to the setup coming off.

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Rest in peace Simon.

I am at lens on 27th.

Something sounds a miss. Header leak of something. It was balistic

Old 11-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Regular User

Hopefully Len can work around your date then and if you can have a look/charge for a map tweak that would be fine thanks. The main thing is if you compare the power delivery on that chart with say the Blob SC42 one you did just the other day and posted on FB, you see how very different they are?

Last thing, will that Milltek system be a good swap out for you performance-wise if/when you have to tweak the map? Thanks
Old 11-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

So are you saying it seems to match the graph from when it was done now or has appeared to get worse?

The 46 does spool a lot later than a 42, you get to a point with a larger turbo that the twin scroll doesnt help. Its still a 2litre trying to spool a 460bhp turbo after all.

Simon

Old 11-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Regular User

Nah, I reckon she is genuinely down on power as it simply will not keep up with the other cars when booting it at motorway speeds and she should be able to take the S3 and the cupra. I will drop you a PM, in reply to the one that you kindly sent me and I will bother you/confirm costs for map tweaking.

Wondering if there is a better choice of turbo tbh for this power but with better response.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Rest in peace Simon.

It was rapid so something must be a miss

Old 11-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Regular User

If there is anything amiss and I am not just smoking too much crack, you and S4U will figure it out dear, of that I have no doubt .

Just spent a whole load of cash on shiny bits today, RCM inlet spacers, gaskets, sti mcgard wheel nuts etc, great to have a new toy to put my mark on.

Looking forward to swapping out the clutch the most, will make the world of difference to her.