South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 28-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Default eeek! Anyone local to Steyning/Worthing that can do an ECU read?

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone local can do me a massive flavour and do an ECU read. to compare base map fueling vs current ecu corrections.

Driving home from work yesterday It felt like I suddenly lost a load of power at arround 6k on full boost . Car has had odd Idle problems when started warm (run on 3 cylinders for a few secs) for the last month or so.

Trying to work out if I have a lazy injector in advance of next week when I send her off to get compression tested / serviced etc (X FINGERS!)
Quite paniced today after speaking to a mechanic friend yesterday suggesting running lean from lazy/failing injector or coil pack fail, and not to drive it anywhere/drive off boost etc.

Dave.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 28-07-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 29-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

ecu should be flagging lean bank error if injector or fuel pressure issue.
there is also a missfire error code but they may of scrapped that on the blob sti as it was problematic on the bug. would need to check but on hols at mo....
Old 29-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

IAM may of reduced limiting timing and if severe boost will be dropped too.
Old 29-07-2012, 03:06 PM

Thanks Scott,

It's going to sit in the garage now till next week, then will potter it up to mechanics for a check over and service. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Boost doesnt drop at all holds 1.55 bar throughout.

I have not had any EM lights come on at all, it just felt very very odd + the running on 3 when warm started occasionaly scares me!

hope your having fun on your hols

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.