South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 19-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Bronze Member

Default Japspeed downpipe any good?

Hey guys, looking at changing my downpipe as I've been told the one I have on my car is for a classic, which in turn means the rest of the exhaust is also from a classic.

Was wondering if anyone has used a Japspeed downpipe before and what your thoughts on them are.

Cheers guys.

Adam.
Old 19-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Silver Member

Hi mate ive just brought a 3" one off ebay!! It also replaces the rear cat nice qaulity pipe comes with gaskits too but for the bellmouth get a genuine one!! i got mine for 140 posted as i made an offer so saved 20 30 notes!! fitted last week and all is spot on no issues have a look at my car profile think its in there but wrapped if ur happy with rear box keep it as it still fits with newage as ive done! if ur getting a new center pipe let us no as im looking to change mine for a strait through with no resonator

Last edited by bonner; 19-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 19-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

I have a classic japspeed down pipe with a 100cel sports cat and turbo bellmouth on my classic. (£250 new)
The only issue people seem to have on the japspeed downpipes is the bracket half way down that fixes to the side of the gearbox. the hole for the bolt isn't quite lined up usually so you need to be prepared to widen it to get it to fit right.
Not sure if newage has the same bracket.
Otherthan that, they seem decent enough
Old 19-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
I have a classic japspeed down pipe with a 100cel sports cat and turbo bellmouth on my classic. (£250 new)
The only issue people seem to have on the japspeed downpipes is the bracket half way down that fixes to the side of the gearbox. the hole for the bolt isn't quite lined up usually so you need to be prepared to widen it to get it to fit right.
Not sure if newage has the same bracket.
Otherthan that, they seem decent enough
Your 100 cell sports cat andy, is it a 2.5 inch pipe / flange.

Wanted a sports at myself but can't seem to find one in 2.5, all seem to be 3 inch pipe fitments.
Old 19-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Bronze Member

Cheers for the reply guys.

Neil - the exhaust on the car at the moment is a buddyclub spec 3 which is a push fit system I'm afraid mate so if I change the exhaust then would need the system to go as one piece.

Andy - cheers for the warning mate, always good to know these things just incase.
Old 19-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Your 100 cell sports cat andy, is it a 2.5 inch pipe / flange.

Wanted a sports at myself but can't seem to find one in 2.5, all seem to be 3 inch pipe fitments.
it was 3" pipe and 3" flange.
Old 19-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Silver Member

this says it's 3" but fits standard 2.5" flanges :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Imp...item1e67f18286
Old 20-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB270Adam View Post
Cheers for the reply guys.

Neil - the exhaust on the car at the moment is a buddyclub spec 3 which is a push fit system I'm afraid mate so if I change the exhaust then would need the system to go as one piece.

Andy - cheers for the warning mate, always good to know these things just incase.
you should do alright selling the buddy club mate!! if your floatin about eastbourne anytime your more than welcome to have a look at the downpipe mate its a nice fit!!
Old 21-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
you should do alright selling the buddy club mate!! if your floatin about eastbourne anytime your more than welcome to have a look at the downpipe mate its a nice fit!!
Cheers matey, are you going to the meet on the 5th next month? If so I'll have a look then
Old 21-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Silver Member

Not too sure yet mate il have to look at the money side of things, would be nice if i could make it il keep you posted!!