South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 15-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

Default Wagon insurance

Now I'm having to sell my Civic Type R due to not having my works vehicle anymore, I'm trying to think of something to get which is fun but yet practical and the scooby wagon came to mind, however I don't want to be spending £1500 a year on insurance like I did on my old Sti import. I've been looking at wrx blob eye wagons (uk models) will these be much cheaper to insure??
Old 15-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member

Best bet is to give Moley a ring at Keith Michaels, I think people are paying between £400 and £450 on UK classics as second cars (although we are all in the 40+ bracket)

Shane
Old 15-01-2013, 03:22 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Probably not, they all seem to much the same. When I went from my wrx blob to the hawk STI there wasnt a massive difference. Best bet is to ask moley to run a quote.
Old 15-01-2013, 03:23 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Best bet is to give Moley a ring at Keith Michaels, I think people are paying between £400 and £450 on UK classics as second cars (although we are all in the 40+ bracket)

Shane

LOL, great minds think alike!
Old 15-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Silver Member

My civic is currently insured with Keith micheals and I think it's about £750ish? I'm guessing a uk wrx will still be more?
Old 15-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Silver Member

Im paying 1k a year for my blobeye im 28 and have 5 years no claims very steep?
Old 15-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Authorised Trader

It shouldn't be too bad
Old 15-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Silver Member

Cool ok thanks, il see what happens when the civic sells!
Old 16-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Im paying 1k a year for my blobeye im 28 and have 5 years no claims very steep?
I pay £1300! I'm 32 with 8/9 years no claims, clean license etc. so on that basis, yours isn't too bad
Old 16-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Gold Member

Guess it depends on your age, but we pay about £650 for a Blobeye Wagon with PPP. That's for my wife as main driver, me as named.

The FSTi with me as main driver, her as named is a touch more, £730 or so I think at last renewal.

We're both in our thirties though with max NCB and clean licences. Both premiums include protecting the NCB too.

I'm sure Gary can get you a decent price.
Old 16-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyStu View Post
I pay £1300! I'm 32 with 8/9 years no claims, clean license etc. so on that basis, yours isn't too bad
Yeah but you got the beast matey haha! i only got a standard wrx altho its ALOT quicker than standard!! Hoping it will reduce this year?
Old 16-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Yeah but you got the beast matey haha! i only got a standard wrx altho its ALOT quicker than standard!! Hoping it will reduce this year?
Ah right, haha. Tbh I wouldn't have thought it would make a lot of difference. Yeah hoping it will halve when I renew in April. Will have owned it a year without any misshaps.......touch wood!
Old 16-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Silver Member

Good stuff!! yeah you wouldnt have thought but theres a big differnce on power with the wrx and sti?? i was paying 120 a month on my import v-limited didnt mind that as it was a lovely classic !! came out one saturday morning to give it a wash to find some one had spat all over it fog lights and sti covers gone and all the crystal lights had gone some little slippery**** had stole them duing the night was gutted!! police and insurence didnt want to know ended up getting rid of it for that reason!! wish i had caught em in the act!! happy with the one i have now hoping there knock a few hundred off if not il be looking else were for insurence!
Old 16-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post

Shane
£450 your having a laugh, I'm currently paying £600
Old 17-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666subaru View Post
£450 your having a laugh, I'm currently paying £600
Nope, I'm paying £450 with it as a second car, am limited on mileage though and a single payment rather than instalments. 41 year old with a clean license and full no claims with a stock UK classic, garaged and alarmed, wife is on the policy as well, not sure if that increases or decreases it.

I know someone on here is running a modified 330bhp classic as a second car and is paying nearer the £400 mark.

Shane
Old 17-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Bronze Member

£400 on my STI 5 wagon all mods included with PNCB