South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 16-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Nige

Default Re: SES @ Nurbergring May 29th - June 1st

If you can get behind Sabine your better off haveing sex with her rather than trying to stay with her in your car. She's so fast.
Old 16-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
If you can get behind Sabine your better off haveing sex with her rather than trying to stay with her in your car. She's so fast.
Wouldnt say no
Old 17-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman
Quote:
Wouldnt say no
Mmmmmm behind sabine?? now theres a lovley thought, mmmmmmmmm
Old 17-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Question for Mark re: Ring Taxi

Are these pre-booked or Turn-up on-day, pay and jump in.
Whats the price and is this per person or per car load.

Cheers....
You need to book in advance.

http://bmw-motorsport.com/ms/en/fascina ... limit.html

It's €195 for the car (3 passengers). I believe you buy your ticket then you have to book a slot rather being assigned a time when you book.

Sabine does the occasional Sunday in the Ring Taxi. The laps quick but aren't that fast, they go round in 8:00-8:30 depending on traffic so there are faster cars/bikes going round but it's more the experience you pay for.
Old 23-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Bronze Member

I'm back at the Nurburgring this Saturday. Let me know if you guys want me to make a post with directions to viewing areas with photos showing were to walk/drive...
Old 23-04-2009, 12:45 PM
worzel

Mark, that would be priceless

Are you going to be there when we come over? If so, I'll get you a "ring hog" sticker made.
Old 23-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Mark, that would be priceless

Are you going to be there when we come over? If so, I'll get you a "ring hog" sticker made.
It's looking likely. Depends on whether my mate goes out that weekend as I'll get a lift over with him and use it as an opportunity to bring my car back to the UK as there is a trackday on the 7th June.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Nige

4 WEEKS GUY'S. Need two engine swopps & a re map. Am i nervous.............................. oh yes
Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM
worzel

I tried getting Dave at Gatwick to fit some coilovers at tomorrows Geo day, but he can't fit it in!

Bugger!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Bronze Member

My mate is up for the weekend so I'll either be getting a lift over with him Friday night or driving my own car if I bring my car back after the N24 on the Monday 25th May (although seem pointless if I'm back out 4 days later on the Friday). We will probably on a late Norfolkline ferry. Not sure when I'm heading home though, depends on work.

I have to apologise as I didn't get a chance to take the photos to show you where the viewing area are but if there's time I can give you a quick tour of them.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 PM
worzel

Spot on old fruit.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Well the Geo was done for the track today which feels ten times better, no pulling and a smoother drive home , Well done Worzel for organising a good meet. Got a sun burnt neck though
But as many of you know from my sad face and sulking today the old wagons sick, shes smoking a little on start up and when you give it a blip on the throttle theres a slight puff Its now booked in at gatwick subaru for Monday the 11th to find out why????
Fingers crossed
Possiblity that its burning rich due to now having a de-cat system? does un burnt fuel burn blue?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Gold Member

Unburnt fuel normally burns black, blue smoke is oil, i wouldn't of thought that they will be able to give you a definate answer as to what it is, it could be anyone of four things really - valve stem oil seals/ turbo seals/ piston rings or head gasket....hope its not to major (excuse the pun)
Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby
Well the Geo was done for the track today which feels ten times better, no pulling and a smoother drive home , Well done Worzel for organising a good meet. Got a sun burnt neck though
But as many of you know from my sad face and sulking today the old wagons sick, shes smoking a little on start up and when you give it a blip on the throttle theres a slight puff Its now booked in at gatwick subaru for Monday the 11th to find out why????
Fingers crossed
Possiblity that its burning rich due to now having a de-cat system? does un burnt fuel burn blue?
Sorry to here that mate, but keep a close eye on it over the next week. And check the oil levels.
As Rich said it could be a number of things or it could be nothing, just don't let them pull it apart chasing a fault that isn't really there then charging you the labour.

You can probably tell I don't trust anyone unless I can se the faulty item myself, and certainly not main dealers at dealer labour rates. This isn't aimed at gatwick directly, just my experience of dealers regardless of manufacturer.

Wouldn't Walldonway be more conveinient for you ?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Fingers crossed
Sorry to here that mate, but keep a close eye on it over the next week. And check the oil levels.
As Rich said it could be a number of things or it could be nothing, just don't let them pull it apart chasing a fault that isn't really there then charging you the labour.

You can probably tell I don't trust anyone unless I can se the faulty item myself, and certainly not main dealers at dealer labour rates. This isn't aimed at gatwick directly, just my experience of dealers regardless of manufacturer.

Wouldn't Walldonway be more conveinient for you ?
Yeah i know what you mean on labour rates but i dont have the knowledge to know what im looking for or anyone who could strip it privately and say yeah its this or that by the 29th!!!!!!!!!
The problem with my scoob is that its used every day by the missus so i only have the weekend to work on it and get it back in order by monday so beck can use it.
They said they will pressure test it for oil seals but only time will tell. Using a main dealer means though that if the problem continues i can just keep throwing it back at them till its sorted.
And as regards to using gatwick instead of walldenway, well i work in gatwick airport so i can pop in and keep an eye on whats happening or maybe not!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Yeah i know what you mean on labour rates but i dont have the knowledge to know what im looking for or anyone who could strip it privately and say yeah its this or that by the 29th!!!!!!!!!
The problem with my scoob is that its used every day by the missus so i only have the weekend to work on it and get it back in order by monday so beck can use it.
They said they will pressure test it for oil seals but only time will tell. Using a main dealer means though that if the problem continues i can just keep throwing it back at them till its sorted.
And as regards to using gatwick instead of walldenway, well i work in gatwick airport so i can pop in and keep an eye on whats happening or maybe not!!!
Personaly I would trust Dave at Gatwick
Hes not the type of bloke to rip you of .
Old 02-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG E
Quote:
Personaly I would trust Dave at Gatwick
Hes not the type of bloke to rip you of .
I dont think he would, worzel recommends him! It was such a good meet with lovely weather but am so annoyed by this little prob, kinda fed up.
Still up for the re-map scott on the 16th, oh and thanks for the quick flash to get rid of the CEL light.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Oh right..... not too bad for you thn....
I'll keep everything crossed for you that it's not to serious, cheap and quick to fix.

Still keep an eye on it though between now and then....I'm sure you will.

Regards remap, don't rush it and make sure your happy beforehand.
I can always use your slot for Nige and do you another time.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Oh right..... not too bad for you thn....
I'll keep everything crossed for you that it's not to serious, cheap and quick to fix.

Still keep an eye on it though between now and then....I'm sure you will.

Regards remap, don't rush it and make sure your happy beforehand.
I can always use your slot for Nige and do you another time.
Thanks fella ill keep you posted and let you know as soon as i hear anything!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Nige

Im a little conserned about Phill & his type R civic. Now some of you where driving your Subaru's quite fast on geo day. If this continues abroad i dont think he will keep up. For this reason our next meet should be at Honda GB so we can all buy type R's !!! Its only fair......... Phill has his car in for a service & a tune. New 4 branch ex/ maniold & rear box.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:40 PM
worzel

Don't worry matey, there'll be no ragging off when we are in convoy abroad.

Plus the fact we'll only draw attention to ourselves eventually and get nicked, which I don't fancy at all.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 PM

Well I'm buying TomTom Western Europe for me phone.
If you guy's go too made I'll see you when I get there.......
300+ miles will be cruised not abused.

Going bang at the ring is one thing, going bang on the way there is just
Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 PM

Did we have to pay the rest to the hotel or is it settle up on departure .... must dig out their email.

Cash or Card ???????

Do petrol stations take card payment in europe a I know there has been alot of issues over the use of chip'n'pin in some countries.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Did we have to pay the rest to the hotel or is it settle up on departure .... must dig out their email.

Cash or Card ???????

Do petrol stations take card payment in europe a I know there has been alot of issues over the use of chip'n'pin in some countries.
Most do take card payment.

But you can be riped off with the exchange rates.

I shall be taking euros.

I always take my card as back up.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Bronze Member

The balance for the hotel, as far as I can see, was to be paid when there.

Most garages take cards, debit, credit or switch - you will be charged the current exchange rates by your bank plus any charges they feel on top.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain1502

Most garages take cards, debit, credit or switch - you will be charged the current exchange rates by your bank plus any charges they feel on top.
Cool, cause I'm with Nationwide and they don't charge
Old 04-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Nige

Quote:
Quote:

No probs last year with the normal type fuel pumps. There are auto pumps far to complicated for me though.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Don't worry matey, there'll be no ragging off when we are in convoy abroad.

Plus the fact we'll only draw attention to ourselves eventually and get nicked, which I don't fancy at all.
Having been fined €175 for speeding in Belgium and know someone who was fined €990 for speeding in Germany I've kept an eye on my speed. There are also speed cameras on the E40 in Belgium.

Quote:
Quote:

Yep, I use a Nationwide card whilst abroad

Quote:

Cash or Card ???????

Everywhere takes card, you just sign for it instead of 'chip and pin' unless you have a foreign bank account.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well I'm buying TomTom Western Europe for me phone.
If you guy's go too made I'll see you when I get there.......
300+ miles will be cruised not abused.

Going bang at the ring is one thing, going bang on the way there is just
I SECOND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also have tom tom europe already!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Crowman

my tom tom worked a treat on our last trip to france and belgium picked up speed cameras. I have down loaded the latest updates also. Having radios was key to the last trip. I suggest one per car. I have a pair. We had the odd little blast on suitable roads. The great thing about this trip is we have a nice long cruise down and when we get there we can use our cars the way they were designed to be used. Who could ask for more. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
my tom tom worked a treat on our last trip to france and belgium picked up speed cameras. I have down loaded the latest updates also. Having radios was key to the last trip. I suggest one per car. I have a pair. We had the odd little blast on suitable roads. The great thing about this trip is we have a nice long cruise down and when we get there we can use our cars the way they were designed to be used. Who could ask for more. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas.
I also have two radios so some one could use one of mine! Getting rather excited too but cant wait till next monday first for my car to get looked at! that alone seems so long away
Old 05-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member

Hope it turns out okay Rich!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Nige

I could do with a radio mate.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I could do with a radio mate.
ok fella, my spare has niges name on it!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Crowman

rich. I am sure your car will get sorted mate. As scott said dont let them go stripping down in search of problem. What i have done in the past is asked for full diagnoses report and a quote to rectify the problem. Good luck mate.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
rich. I am sure your car will get sorted mate. As scott said dont let them go stripping down in search of problem. What i have done in the past is asked for full diagnoses report and a quote to rectify the problem. Good luck mate.
Well i have managed to get work at gatwick instead of heathrow so ill be close by. Im dropping it off on sunday and will ask them for a call from the workshop guys before they start , if they find anything and before they replace anything just in case it is a turbo problem them ill source one myself at a better price!
Gonna pop in and take a look if they phone me just to check what there doing but i dont think thell rip me off, but you never know with main dealers!
Im due a cam belt service so if they do pull it apart then they can do that at the same time.
im sure its gonna be ok and its not to bad but ill catch the problem before it gets worse
Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Platinum Member

Spoken like a true Wagoneer!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 AM
worzel

What what what!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Right, just a thought whilst driving home, Whos got a walkie talkie and whos lending the other handset to who?
It creeping up fast guys

1.majorscooby / nige
Old 07-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Bronze Member

Hand Sets - would it not be a better idea to get 10 of these which could communicate with each other?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hand Sets - would it not be a better idea to get 10 of these which could communicate with each other?
10 of what fella?, walkie talkies with a 5km range should be ok. they have 18 different channels and im sure they used them on the last over seas trip
Old 07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Bronze Member

10 x Motorola GP340 c/w battery, aerial, belt clip and programmed as required @ £4.25 each per week
1 x 6 way multi charger @ no extra charge
5 x spare batteries @ no extra charge

I dont know if these would be of interest? they would work in Europe

Iain
Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 PM
worzel

That sounds good Iain.

What does everyone else think?
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
That sounds good Iain.

Well i have bought a set that has 8 channels and 38 sub channels which would work with those as Iain is describing.
get those if you guys want. walkie talkie / handset, there the same thing
Old 07-05-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
That sounds good Iain.

Get them if you wish as £4.25 is hardly going to brake the bank.

I do how ever already have some.

What would be good is some with a longer range say 10 miles,

so that we know where people are, for safety on the RING.

Also so we know how far Silver surfer is behind.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member

Tried to sort out my Subaru assistance today. £92 with European cover but i have to read an information pack they'll send me before they sell it to me!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Nige

Scott now has a passenger welcome Greig. Greig has been before so may have some tip's.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Crowman

I have 2 radios,1 for Worzel

They all have multi chanels.

So we have 8 between us thats 1 per car i beleive.

What i suggest is that we all exchange mobile numbers at somepoint.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have 2 radios,1 for Worzel

They all have multi chanels.

So we have 8 between us thats 1 per car i beleive.

What i suggest is that we all exchange mobile numbers at somepoint.
What shall we do post them up or shall we have another evening meet at a pub before we go for last minute thoughts????
Old 07-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Dont forget the meeting,

On the 23rd at Beachy Head.