South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 15-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Regular User

Default Gearbox Problems

Hi all.. So im driving yesterday night and when i was pushing the car abit, changing from 3rd to 4th it crunches abit before going in.... under normal driving this doesnt happen.. any ideas what is wrong here and wat i can do. I have tried every other gear and its fine.. going from 5th to 4th is fine even hard driving, just doesnt like 3rd to 4th
Old 15-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

weak snycro?
Old 15-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Does it do the same from 5th to 4th?

Sounds like a syncro problem..
Old 15-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
weak snycro?
What he said
Old 15-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Silver Member

actualy, just a thought but what oil is in the box and how long ago and how many miles was it changed ?
although not experienced it myself, I have heard people comment about scoob boxes not liking certain oils because it's too slippy for the synchro's.
Old 15-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Regular User

it only does it going from 3rd to 4th changin up only... and only occurs when driving hard.. if i take it easi i experience a smooth change.. not sure about the gearbox oil tbh
Old 15-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Silver Member

ok, I was just thinking it could be the syncro is a little weak and that it might be made worse by the wrong oil is all.