South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default So who got the fastest lap in and what time ?

????. Spill the beans - Dont be shy. post your times Nige and Co.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member

Nige was banned lol
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 AM
worzel

I know Nige and Martyn were both well under 9.00 minutes on Thursday (Bridge to Gantry), the vid shot by one of the 2 was 8.52 but that included coming out of the gate, through the cones and up to the bridge, so there is some to be deducted from that.

I was about 10 - 15 seconds slower than Martyn before my belt **** itself on the last corner.

Not got a clue about the others, didn't time them, but they were not as fast as the first one.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member

New member Craig was very fast.... Si will back me up on this
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Gold Member

Don't know the time, but i did see a milk float overtake me
Old 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
I know Nige and Martyn were both well under 9.00 minutes on Thursday (Bridge to Gantry), the vid shot by one of the 2 was 8.52 but that included coming out of the gate, through the cones and up to the bridge, so there is some to be deducted from that.
Really? Not surprised that Nige flew round there but Martyn said on facebook he was quite cautious as he didn't know the track well enough.

I reckon you probably use a good 20 seconds getting out the barrier and through the cones, so a video of 8:52 is cracking

As per my other thread, my best time was 9:12.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:27 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Really? Not surprised that Nige flew round there but Martyn said on facebook he was quite cautious as he didn't know the track well enough.

I reckon you probably use a good 20 seconds getting out the barrier and through the cones, so a video of 8:52 is cracking

As per my other thread, my best time was 9:12.
Martyn was flying to start with.

But whatever he was, you can add another 10-15 (nearer 15 I'm sure ) to for me.

My other lap was apparently 9 minutes something, according to Laura and Sally we left on 5.17pm and came in on 5.26pm, but you can't take much from that, as it could be two opposite ends of those minutes? I was cruising to be fair so if it were 9 minutes something, the something would be at least 40 I'm sure.

I wanted to make sure I got some snaps done by Martyn
Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
New member Craig was very fast.... Si will back me up on this
Was he the guy with the RA? AMS reg?

He looked quick when I saw him
Old 02-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member

Haven't got a clue regarding my times.
My first lap around the ring with Neil in the passenger seat was around the 3 hour mark

Next 2 laps were quicker but having never driven the circuit before I drove on the cautious side of things and was no where near the P1's limits.

I feel that I need at least another 20 laps before the stopwatch comes out. There was a lot to remember being a first timer

If it's anything to go by Neil said my first lap would have been in the 9's.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Crowman

THe 8.52 was the time the little starlet did which Nige followed around, when i say followed he was glued to its bumper, could have passed him, but was to busy laughing at the guy sliding everywhere,i felt i was pushing it, only for Nige to say he was just cruising
I was following both of them,and as i finished the lap they were just pulling off, so i have no idea the true time but approx 10 to 15 seconds after them.
I was able to keep a good pace throughout as the starlet guy knew his way around.
The vid that i took on my 3rd ever lap, i was mainly out on my own and was very steady, erm i mean slow
Only time i pushed a little was when i had someone to follow.
Heck, i was just happy to get around in one peice.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Was he the guy with the RA? AMS reg?

He looked quick when I saw him
Yes mate

Si and myself both did laps with Craig... You forget how well a scoob with sticky tyres and a good set up handles
Old 02-06-2011, 01:48 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

With pretty much everyone coming in under 10 mins, it sounds like everyone was pushing on fairly hard in consideration of varying degrees of track experience and laps put in. I haven't watched Steve's vid yet, but he must have taken his brave pills and proper spanked it (as well as good driving ) considering the time and power of his WRX.

More importantly good to hear no off's, major disasters or significant breakages and all cars back safe and sound this year that I can see. Looks like you all had a real hoot both on and off the track.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Yes mate

Si and myself both did laps with Craig... You forget how well a scoob with sticky tyres and a good set up handles
I have just discovered pics of you in the passenger seat of this car, taken by Martyn when I was out on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
With pretty much everyone coming in under 10 mins, it sounds like everyone was pushing on fairly hard in consideration of varying degrees of track experience and laps put in. I haven't watched Steve's vid yet, but he must have taken his brave pills and proper spanked it (as well as good driving ) considering the time and power of his WRX.

More importantly good to hear no off's, major disasters or significant breakages and all cars back safe and sound this year that I can see. Looks like you all had a real hoot both on and off the track.
With the exception of Neil and to more than a fair dgree Nige, we are all fairly much novices on the ring. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say we had a real hoot out there, on and off track. We all had tyres screaming at some points and really pushed now and then. But in others didn't quite have the minerals.

Steve's lap goes some way to show it's not power around that place (no disrespect meant at all) it's about knowing where you are going, pushing hard and some committment will get you round there quickly. Steve proved that in spades. Steve will break 9 minutes next time he's there I'm sure.

There was a point when I was able to follow Neils lines for about 6 corners and it was a real eye opener, it made it so much easier when you knew where to go, he then pulled further away from me and my bravery deserted me at a vast rate of knots I can tell you.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Bronze Member

Aye I did a lap with Craig just after James got out of his car, it inspired me Im now on the look out for some breaks and wheels (already found a set of black brembo's from a sti '09 on SS) That car handled just as good as Ray's/Neils evo 10 and was just as fast in the corners. Craig was a pretty amazing driver, once again just as good as Neil, and we know how good he is
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySi View Post
Aye I did a lap with Craig just after James got out of his car, it inspired me Im now on the look out for some breaks and wheels (already found a set of black brembo's from a sti '09 on SS) That car handled just as good as Ray's/Neils evo 10 and was just as fast in the corners. Craig was a pretty amazing driver, once again just as good as Neil, and we know how good he is
Do the Brembo's come with disc's, if so they will have a different PCD of 114.3mm where yours are 100mm
Old 02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Bronze Member

They are coming off of a STI 5 and they are the full set mate, discs, calipers and pads .... are you sure they wont fit or will they need tinkering to do so?
Old 02-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Nige

I only did 1 lap & that was a taster for Joe really. Not sure of the time & to busy laughing at the mad guy behind the wheel of the toyboater.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySi View Post
They are coming off of a STI 5 and they are the full set mate, discs, calipers and pads .... are you sure they wont fit or will they need tinkering to do so?
There fit
Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Bronze Member

I take it you know the ones im on about being on SS yourself James Cheers for settling me there as I already have arranged a day to pick them up
Old 03-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Regular User

Hi all thanks for the kind words about the car...
Have been a fair few times this year and purely want to get confident with the car/and me and I'm sure the speed will follow.
Great weekend it was, met with some new enthusiasts. Even better for me as it was my birthday.

Craig
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Bronze Member

You seemed pretty confident to me with the RA mate, and the speed was pretty impressive, will have to see what you can do with that thing when you are confident in your own eyes with it