South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 22-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Default help identify new wheels please !

just picked up some new wheels. i had 3 slow punctures on the standard ones that came with the car when i bought it, n they looked a bit crap anyways. fitted my BK121's off my old car n discovered one of the wheels was damaged. looked like it wanted to be a hexagon instead of a wheel !

anyways, got these today from Jap Performance Parts. almost mint condition, although the hubcaps are missing. i know they are 16"x7J as it says that on the inner hub recess, but dont know the offset, make or model of wheel. anyone know what these wheels are? :-

Old 22-03-2011, 04:14 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

mmm... look a bit speedline ish to me
Old 22-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Silver Member

i think i know the ones you mean, but they are 12 spokes n mine have 15. they also dont have a hub cap that covers the wheel nuts, mine should do but the cap is missing

Last edited by andy-m; 22-03-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Bronze Member

Look like team dynamics to me mate.
Old 22-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Silver Member

nah, i thought that after looking on the net but the spokes on all the team dynamics wheels are slightly different on the outer edge:-
http://www.performancealloys.com/whe...ls.aspx?ID=227
my spokes and the outer lip are flush. the team dynamics ones are flush but recessed a little in between the spokes on the outer rim. hold the mouse over the picture on the above link and you will see what i mean. otherwise they do look the same apart from that 1 small difference
Old 22-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Gold Member

they look like a cpoy of oz tarmac+garvel wheels

Last edited by ralliart didz; 04-06-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 22-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

apart from the centre cap, i agree, the rest of the wheel looks the same.
someone on SN said they thought they looked like old TSW's n should have a big centre cap with a nut n pin on. anyone know what he was talkin about as i'm not that familiar with wheels
Old 22-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Gold Member

in your second pic,it does look like you can put a big centre cap on it.look at little srewdriver slot. get big caps and put pig stickers on them
Old 22-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

well, that was part of the reason i am trying to work out who made them so i can get caps, or are these size caps all he same regardless of wheel manufacturer?
Old 22-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Silver Member

aparently, whoever makes these wheels, they are replicas of the old tsw imola
Old 22-03-2011, 09:54 PM
admin

Team Dynamics Monza

Older model ones, without the recessed bit on the rim

This is a four stud fitment 15" but exactly the same

Old 22-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Silver Member

aha, so its an older version of the new monza i linked to earlier. thanks for finding that for me !
Old 22-03-2011, 10:26 PM
admin

Try Halfords or Rimstock for replacements

Ask if they can order you a set in, after they have let you try one from the new style to check fitment
Old 23-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Halfords do the centercap bits for around £50 iirc, but that was many years ago when i used to work there, personally id go somewhere else to find them as there likley to **** it up
Old 24-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

as posted previously, I now know what these wheels are, but before i did, I e-mailed a picture to TSW(Yokahoma) thinking it was one of theirs. Just had a reply from one of their sales executives which would have been realy helpfull if i hadnt already found out what my wheels were.
Really nice to know he actualy took time out to examine the picture i sent him & check it with their back-catalogue.

Read some other posts on a googel search n people had tried contacting team dynamics to find out where they could get the centre caps n they never got a single reply.
I will try halfords, probably several times due to the knuckle dragger ordering the wrong bit, n maybe even make some if i have to, but if i'm ever in the market for new wheels, I am thinking TSW purely because of how helpfull they were when i e-mailed them.