South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 26-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

Default Gauging any interest in a SSR Day.

I have quite a lot of stone chips on my car and have been considering a respray.Was at Jaffa's last week and the spray guy there had a look and said had I considered SSR.SSR is Sprayless Scratch Repair,a guaranteed permanent cosmetic repair at a fraction of the cost of having a respray.All the info can be viewed at; www.scratchrepairkent.co.uk Examples of cost are £55 for a bonnet and £20 per panel after that.Spoke to the dent guys at the Geo day last Sat and they said the results were unbelievable.If we get enough people interested I'am sure we could do a deal on prices.The Guy is mobile and would make a charge to come from Kent.but once again if we have sufficient numbers I'am sure we can lose this.All he needs is a dry day(or big garage) and a power point.Let me know if your interested,Cheers,Terry.
Old 26-05-2010, 09:57 PM
worzel

I'm looking at a full respray later in the year, but it sounds like a good idea.

It's worth speaking with Baz maybe, with regards to the Jap Club.
Old 26-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Platinum Member

Good idea and will post it over and we need some bits doing on both cars
Old 27-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Gold Member

Good stuff Baz,we are back to France for a week,but will speak to you when we get back and get something set-up.Hello to Mrs Baz.
Old 28-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

Nice one Terry, have a safe trip and we will talk when you get back for sure.

Have a bit of a list.

1.Mr Chips, bonnet, 2x wings.
2.666subaru, 2 bumbpers bonnet
3.Trickie78, a couple of bits doing
4.Mortster, bumper scuff

Come on people, there must be more people with scratches and scuffs
Old 28-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

so is this just for scratches/scuffs? or will they do general stonechips/road rash on bonnet?
Old 28-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
so is this just for scratches/scuffs? or will they do general stonechips/road rash on bonnet?
Webby shows chips and road rash.

I am interested but would want to witness someone elses car from start to finish before I let them loose on my paintwork.

Too many sprayer's have cocked up my paint in the past.
Old 28-05-2010, 03:43 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Webby shows chips and road rash.

I am interested but would want to witness someone elses car from start to finish before I let them loose on my paintwork.

Too many sprayer's have cocked up my paint in the past.
Same here... As just need to get a few bits sorted on the front and don't want to let just anyone loose on it.
Old 28-05-2010, 04:25 PM
SES Mercedes Division

I'd be interested with a few bits on the C230K bumper depending on where & when
Old 28-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member

4.Mortster, bumper scuff
5. Skullfudge Stone chips - bonnet / F,Bumper / Splitter / scar on chin?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Gold Member

As we have some serious interest I've emailed Rob to find out which Sat he's available,how many cars he can cope with in a day and if we can get a group discount.As for quality of work I've heard very good reports and I'am happy for him to tackle my stone chips first.Does anybody have access to a large garage or car port we could use for this?Will post more info as soon as I hear back from Rob.

Last edited by Frenchie; 02-06-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:12 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

4.Mortster, bumper scuff
5. Skullfudge Stone chips - bonnet / F,Bumper / Splitter / scar on chin?
6. LadyBlueBug (Silver sport wagon) Bonnet plus bits
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 07-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Gold Member

Hi,

This is a copy of the email that I have had from Rob regards SSI. Will post up a list of possible date so that we can all agree which date is best.

Hi Terry,

It's good that you are getting lots of interest. The amount of cars depends on the work needed to be done on each one? Obviously touching in a single stone chip will take 2 minutes but doing a full bonnet could take over an hour.

When you're thinking of a venue. There is one thing I need and one thing I want.

Need - A 13 amp power socket ( I have an extension)
Want - Regular supply of coffee.

I will charge for individual jobs depending on the time spent and materials.
My normal rates are £40 for first panel £20 a panel thereafter
Your rates for the day can be £30 + £15 but it is negotiable as some small jobs I would do for a tenner and some jobs like a full bonnet would be £55.

I will let you now what Saturdays I have available by the weekend.

So that I don't waste anyones time or money, here are a few notes for your fellow members,

1. The darker the car, the better SSR seems to work. Silver cars are the hardest to get good results.
2. If you have some minor damage that wont t-cut out but it doesn't need a rubdown, fill and respray then SSR could well be the answer.
3. If you have a car that has been keyed deeply, its not that good at hiding that. I can put paint back into the scratch again and blend it in but the score line will still be visible. So if it needs filling and respraying, it needs filling and respraying.
4. Its also good at replenishing dull or faded paintwork.
5. Its not great on wide bumper scuffs as these would be touched in by brush.

Kind regards,

Rob
Old 09-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Gold Member

Latest SSR update. Below is the latest info from Rob the SSR man. So we now need to have a list of people who definately want to have this done and on what day and date. Going to Rob who I think is near Maidstone on a Sunday maybe the best option if he can get access to covered premises as if he comes to us and the weather is bad we are all stuffed. Unless anybody has access to a covered area. So let me know what you think and what dates are preferable.

Hi Terry, Unfortunately I don't have an undercover place on a Saturday however I could have word with a dealership here to see if we could use there space on a Sunday?

My Saturdays are fairly free but I could only work till 4pm in this neck of the woods or 3pm down your neck of the woods as I work Saturday evenings as well. The 1st Saturday that is available all day without me having to work in the evening is August 7th.

Kind regards,

Rob Wraight.