South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles

Members Car Profiles Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy

Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Bronze Member

Default Claire's RA

COPIED FROM SUSSEX FIRST TWO POSTS ARE OLD

My Girlfriend Claire got herself a WRX RA about 3 months ago from Brighton it was in a bit of a state when we got it and it needed quite abit of tlc (6 hrs of cutting and polishing) with somebits still needing attention.

The car came with a magnex 2.5" exhaust with centre decat, 4pot's with vented disc's, 18" 5 spoke alloys, Turbo 2000 interior, Tommy Kaira rear bumper (damaged) and lots of boom in the boot :thumbdown: it also has a chipped ecu and baileys dv24,

First day we got it home we set about removing all the bits not to Claires liking i.e Lexus lights, Boombox and 18's, we also had to remove the spoiler and re-seal it as the boot was leaking :haha:, next step was to cut the whole car as the paint work had perished and then we polished it took us 6hrs, well worth it tho.

We had to do 3 oil changes in 2days just to get the old black Sh##e out the engine, fitted some PFR7B's and checked all the coil packs. Removed the Aircon and removed some other bits that get in the way.

Next step was to start the mods (Brad likes this bit)

List fitted so far

Autobahn 88 fmic
AVCR
Apexi Airfilter
Wayne 555 heat shield (suggest everyone gets one of these, just pm wayne 555 he makes them :thumb
Carbon Fibre facelift bonnet
Facelift lights and Grill
Splitter
Pillar pod with boost and oil pressure
front, rear and under strut braces

Pending

Decat Downpipe
440 injectors
FPR
walbro 255l
Remap (I will be using my ESL board for this)

The aim for this car is to beat my 352bhp and 321ftlb on 440's and td05 16g.

We are also fitting a new dash board as the previous owner had cut gauges into the existing, got one for a tenna Sweet.

The spoiler is coming off so that will be availiable very soon, I got yet another boot which a couple of mates have filled ready for paint :thumb:.

It has the standard RA gearbox which in everyday terms is fudged, the guy we got it from claimed it was rebuilt, (think he got mickey mouse to do it), So the box is coming out as I am currently building a box with import 1-4 with uk 5th for it. The RA box is far too short for what its used for, so there will be a rebuilt ra box with uk 5th and diff availiable soon.

Its got twin spoke 17" speedlines on at the moment (temp) and it also came with the 6 spoke speedlines which we are refurbing in white at the moment.

when we got it

now

I will post up some pics tomorrow as it has the splitter fitted now.

Hopefully I can get Claire to join up so she can post up pics of her car .

Brad

Last edited by Brad Wrx; 07-06-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Bronze Member

Rite been along time since I updated this thread,

bits fitted now

New dash with no stupid holes in it
forge dv
decat downpipe
ninja exhaust
stainless headers
Jaffa ported exhaust housing
new apexi filter
earthing kit
STI rear lights
Walbro fuel pump

We have also de-spoiled the Ra now removed the splitter (cause I smashed it ), the oringial bonnet has gone back on as Claire wants stock look Ra, the tommy kaira rear bumper has now been removed as well and replaced with a standard one.

to fit
440's
fuel pressure reg
the wheels which have been ready for painting for months should be fitted next week

some pics of how it currently looks....

before I removed the tommy kaira

very white

prob 10mins before I smashed the splitter at a rally
Old 07-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Bronze Member

Finally the wheels are finished and fitted.

Brad
Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Looking good mate
Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Bronze Member

Very nice mate
Old 08-06-2010, 08:48 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Very nice
Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member