South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 28-11-2008, 01:23 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Default Amazing how much you can miss a car!

Well, I'm still scoobless. Should be ready the end of next week , but its amazing how much you miss your car when its gone. Dont get me wrong, the golf is fine, but thats it - fine. I miss the bumpy ride, the rattles, squeaks, noise, and most of all, being able to accelarate in the wet without it jumping all over the place. To anyone thinking of the golf GT TDI 170, great in the dry, useless in the wet. The front wheel drive simply cant cope with the torque. I'll post up some pics when its back as it should look . New rear bumper, repainted wheels and all the swirlys gone (thats for you cj!)
Old 28-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Amazing how much you can miss a car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyscoob
Well, I'm still scoobless. Should be ready the end of next week , but its amazing how much you miss your car when its gone. Dont get me wrong, the golf is fine, but thats it - fine. I miss the bumpy ride, the rattles, squeaks, noise, and most of all, being able to accelarate in the wet without it jumping all over the place. To anyone thinking of the golf GT TDI 170, great in the dry, useless in the wet. The front wheel drive simply cant cope with the torque. I'll post up some pics when its back as it should look . New rear bumper, repainted wheels and all the swirlys gone (thats for you cj!)
Would you like a hug? [img]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj289/cossienick1/bunny.gif[/img]
Old 28-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyscoob
aah poor u steve im scoobless still after 3 months(with my naughty indescretion to have a zafira gsi trying to be sensible-lol),you wanna try running around in a 1.3 fusion for a couple of weeks and yes you do miss the scoob when you not got it,makes you appreciate it more when you get it back
Old 28-11-2008, 03:45 PM
worzel

It will feel so good when it's back though.

I think you do need a big group hug

Off you go lads, I'm off for a pint
Old 28-11-2008, 04:57 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

A pint, now thats a good idea. Think i'll close a bit early
Old 28-11-2008, 05:02 PM
worzel

I'll be going out for a couple tonight
Old 28-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
I'll be going out for a couple tonight
Now not too many.be a good boy.
Old 28-11-2008, 06:09 PM
worzel

Only a couple!
Old 28-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel
Only a couple!
Old 30-11-2008, 09:29 PM
worzel

Maybe a few more than that

Had to be up at 4.00am on Saturday, had a "few" sherberts and went to be at................

......... 1.00am

What a donut