South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Bronze Member

Default Is this any good?!!

Right people i have been looking at P1's and they are generally 7k and more but i have found this, does this look and sound ok, as if its any good will be getting it...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...5062&logcode=p
Old 07-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Bronze Member

not an expert on p1s but i believe they are prone to big end problems anger will know more than me about them i would look at an imported sti loads at dover auctions just off the boat or do what i did buy one from japan
Old 07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Bronze Member

yer but for me, an import is more on the insurance so uk would be better. but any subaru has problems.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Bronze Member

didn,t know you were 20 any scooby will cost a bomb at your age as i said p1s have a week bottom end
Old 07-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Mileage is a little high, depends what yor plans are.

It's not an original backbox. Looks more like a newage STi one.

P1 backbox is single exist round with 'P1' etched into the top.

Seat bolster is worn, which probably stacks up with mileage
HID are missing from fog covers.

Oh! and it's also 136 miles away, so needs to be worth the travel.
what about an STi Version 5 : http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1333337.htm much better mileage and closer.

Or an STi Version 6 in white, v.nice and on IOW.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1301587.htm

Last edited by Scott.T; 07-12-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Gold Member

Like the look of the version 6
Old 07-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for your input scott, i was only seeing if it would be a steal as it was cheaper that all the others but there may be reasons for this. i know it is far away but if it was worth it i wouldnt mind. but as you say there seem to be a few issues.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
X2 looks v-good.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
I have emailed him before about car says been serviced every 3k at his work but no receipts to prove,seen some other pics few dings etc and said had knocking rear shock and was gonna be replaced.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
Gold Member

Oh! and it's also 136 miles away, so needs to be worth the travel.
what about an STi Version 5 : http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1333337.htm much better mileage and closer.

This is also up on scoobynet as well,look back at his previous posts,sure it had some bottom end engine work done recently as well which is not showing on either ad on pistonheads or scoobynet.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 AM
worzel

Cheers for the info matey.

This is why it's good to ask these guys Scottie, there could always be something lurking that someone on here has already done some work on.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Cheers for the info matey.

This is why it's good to ask these guys Scottie, there could always be something lurking that someone on here has already done some work on.
no probs been looking for the last 6-7 weeks for a v5/6 sti just seems to be same stuff floating about at the moment.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Always a good thing to do a search on the username of the seller on these fourms.
RobEvo5 bought a wagon a few years back (yeh! Shock horror Rob changing his car.....rare I know) with a declared mileage and oddometer mileage that matched.
Rob then found, and pointed out to me, that there was a service sticker on the A-pillar/door shut that had a much higher mileage on it.
We then done a scoobynet search and found the car previously advertised with twice the mileage i.e well over 100,000miles.

This was explained to the seller, who then travelled a considerable amount of miles to pick said car up from Rob, with cash in hand and tail firmly between his legs.
He was luck Rob didn't shop him......