South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 16-05-2015, 05:14 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Audi R8 V10 Plus

Been out for a spirited drive in my brothers 2013 R8 V10 + new toy/daily driver today, and all I can say is WOW.! Such an accomplished car, sounds like a F1 car on full chat, and was obviously expecting it to be good and quick with 550 ponies, but OMG....

I have had some very quick cars myself both Jap and German, and was expecting it to put smile on my face, but thought this is going to feel pretty lively but nothing mega, but really surprised me and been a fair while since I got the histeric yeha giggle feeling from a car.

The car is ballistic with such a wide and long power band and grunt in every gear and any speed. Without 4 wheel drive and driving aids it would be lethal in the dry let alone in the wet. Your Arse feels/is 2 inches from the ground and akin to a VX220 turbo I had once, with enough stopping power to pop your eye balls with its carbon breaks the size of dustbins.

Its a very complete package and really did surprise me how quick and sorted it was. Definitely an everyday supercar.

Whether your into jap or German stuff, I had to admire it.. If my numbers come up would definitely add one to my short list of cars to have in the garage...
Old 16-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

I wish.
Old 16-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Gold Member

I've driven a V8 and was hugely impressed, so can well imagine that this is a step up in performance.

The best compliment I can give the V8 is I drove it on the same day I drove a Gallardo and it ended up being my favourite car of the day!
Old 17-05-2015, 08:16 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

As above. A friend has had 2 V8's and I drove one of them. Awesome car so god knows what the V10 is like. They are also very easy to drive as a day to day. Very clever. If my numbers come up deco one of these and a GT3!!
Old 17-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Silver Member

I briefly considered a V8 as the early ones were getting almost affordable.

Then I noticed the MPG!
Old 17-05-2015, 04:22 PM

2 Cars back he also had a B7 RS4 V8 Which I took ownership for a short while, which was also a superb car as a super saloon, but the RS4 never really blew me away in performance and would go as far as to say was a little underwhelming. It was very nice, quick and sounded great, but would put the V8 RS4 performance 'only' in a similar league as many performance cars including a lightly tricked up Subaru STI. But the tweaked V10 was like night and day between the RS4 which really surprised me as on paper there is only 138bhp difference between them

Oh well, I can only but dream, but can tick another box of another car experienced.
Old 17-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Well I sat in and F40 and a 458 Scuderia today. No keys on the ignition though
Old 17-05-2015, 07:02 PM

The gt3 version won N24 today, I'd say very well sorted motor Audi did a good thing buying Lamborghini and the fruits of that partnership is a good one!

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 17-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
2 Cars back he also had a B7 RS4 V8 Which I took ownership for a short while, which was also a superb car as a super saloon, but the RS4 never really blew me away in performance and would go as far as to say was a little underwhelming. It was very nice, quick and sounded great, but would put the V8 RS4 performance 'only' in a similar league as many performance cars including a lightly tricked up Subaru STI. But the tweaked V10 was like night and day between the RS4 which really surprised me as on paper there is only 138bhp difference between them

Oh well, I can only but dream, but can tick another box of another car experienced.
Just tune your impreza to the max it wont let you down if done correctly and would slay r8s.

The r8 is a very nice car tho and drive very nice.
Old 17-05-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2000 View Post
Just tune your impreza to the max it wont let you down if done correctly and would slay r8s.

The r8 is a very nice car tho and drive very nice.
Love my Scoobs and always will, as pounds per smiles I can't think of a better car. But I lost faith in heavily tuned scoobs/cars the day I had a 400+ built classic running MD321, PPG box built by reputable builder, and blew a big end playing with a mates V8 M3 on the autobahn back from the ring. (got me home though), and prior to that cracked a cylinder wall on a built 400+Celica St205. The V8 M3 is driven like its been stolen most days of the week, and still going strong 5 years later with nothing more than a standard service once a year.

That said, the pleasure of raining in a 30K+ M3 quickly at 150mph+ on the Autobahn priceless. And have no regrets. All part of the pleasure of being a petrol head and love of fast cars from all ends of the spectrum.
Old 17-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Bronze Member

That does not sound good buddy sorry to hear that every scooby owners horror.