South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 23-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Silver Member

Default scoobynet

is it me or is this site full of the worst breed of human???

iv just lost the plot with it... iv said what I have to say on there...total idiots..

by far the worst car site iv ever come across!!!

im glad I joined you guys....!!
Old 23-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Gold Member

There certainly are some ****s on there, no doubt about it.

It does seem that their input spoils what would otherwise be a good site. Lots of genuine people on there, but they are harder to find!

I tend not to visit the site other than to see what bits and pieces are for sale.
Old 23-01-2014, 09:46 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

I used to go on most days and post a fair bit but not for the last couple of years. It seems impossible to have a normal debate without someone posting rubbish. I guess its the nature of the beast though as its got big and has alot of members.
Old 23-01-2014, 09:50 AM

Out of all the cars I have owned I have never come across a bigger bunch of morons as some Subaru owners.

Now most of you on here are good people, and don't get me wrong have been a fantastic bunch helping me out, sorting days out etc. I have really enjoyed it. So not aimed at people on this forum.

But I have had some poor work done on my car due to people who really shouldn't be in the trade. Also never known such a group of enthusiasts that seem to bitch and fight all the time. There are a lot of inflated ego's that need bursting, all because you own a Subaru doesn't mean you know everything about them!

Moan over. And as for Scabbynet, just got email before I wrote this saying I hadn't visited for a while, yep you're right, I haven't, and may not for a while either, because it's rubbish.

Also the membership to the sidc or whatever it is called, rubbish, waste of money, probably fine if you live in Scotland, but hasn't helped me one bit since I joined.

Keep this site going, if it wasn't for SES I would have sold the car a long time ago.

God I am grumpy this morning, lol.

Last edited by 555_Si; 23-01-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 23-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Couldn't agree more, ses is a great enthusiast site with a great bunch of people, shame it's not as busy as scooby net but hopefully in time it will be, scooby net is full of idiots that are just out to pis* people of, I think this and audisport.net are the best forums out there, (used to own audi's and lived on audisport)
Old 23-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEVO3 View Post
is it me or is this site full of the worst breed of human???

iv just lost the plot with it... iv said what I have to say on there...total idiots..

by far the worst car site iv ever come across!!!

im glad I joined you guys....!!
One reason i didnt join mate!! I was on the prowl when i got my blobeye and was reading thru some posts on there before i joined here! the banta just goes on and on! we all love banta but to take the piss outta people asking things they dont know about?? whats the point? i would of been proper ripped into lol
Old 23-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Regular User

I havent posted much on here, more of a Lurker, tend to use Surrey Sccobies more as its my local.

I havent been on Scabbynet for years for exactly this reason (too many numpties)

I have found another National forum: http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/

it's a pretty new community and has a great bunch of people on there. The guys using it tend to be well informed, know what they are talking about and there isn't the condescending patronising type of replies you find on Scabbynet, well worth looking into.
Old 23-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krade View Post
I havent posted much on here, more of a Lurker, tend to use Surrey Sccobies more as its my local.

I havent been on Scabbynet for years for exactly this reason (too many numpties)

I have found another National forum: http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/

it's a pretty new community and has a great bunch of people on there. The guys using it tend to be well informed, know what they are talking about and there isn't the condescending patronising type of replies you find on Scabbynet, well worth looking into.
Yeah I joined that the other day to, not very many users on there yet though
Old 23-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Bronze Member

I've had my car from new 2002 and first joined SIDC 2003. Most of the members at that time were mature adults. The odd member being around 25ish. Because of the cost of insurance and the price of the cars themselves it preclude the young driver and those that could afford it generally respected the older members.
Now it seems that the older cars are more affordable and younger drivers are able to get insurance or not.
Although I'm 65 this year I still think there is some good forums SES, 22b, P1 etc but some of the clubs, over the years have become very young male testosterone driven. Which in my grumpy old git opinion is a shame.
Thank goodness for SES and the hard work that goes on behind the screens by dedicated members.
Might go and wash the car now that's off my chest.
Kind regards Hugh
Old 23-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Nice to hear some positive feedback, thanks guys.
Old 23-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Gold Member

The trouble with SN is the so called purists. If you car doesn't look like its just rolled off the production line, your savaged, even if its your first post.
Old 23-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Silver Member

id say this is the best owner site iv joined....good ppl that want to help!!...iv been part of loads over the yrs...but scoobynet is full of fools that just want to belittle others...it gives me the sh*ts!!!
Old 23-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Agree with the above. I steer clear of posting on there due to not wanting abuse! Shame as Scoobynet to Subaru owners should be what the MLR is to Evo owners. They couldn't be further apart!
Old 23-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Silver Member

This is a fantastic site, there are a few not even owning subarus anymore (and I am one of them) that still don't hesitate to come on here. You want to look at the civic type r owners club complete bunch of arrogant they are so much so I don't even bother posting on there anymore, get shot down in flames with whatever you post now and the amount of rows I've had on there is unreal.
Old 23-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Lol dont ever post on driftworx then!!!!
Unless your tearing up roundabouts and having near death experiences
You dont count!
Worst experience ever going on that site.
Mind you there were times sussexscoobies could be iffy lol
Old 23-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Thank you for all the positive comments.

It is actually quite difficult trying to keep things on a even keel sometimes.

We do try to be friendly to everyone and hope members are to each other,

there is a fine line between so called banter and extracting the urine.

We keep trying to improve things for the benefit of all...
Old 23-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Thank you for all the positive comments.

It is actually quite difficult trying to keep things on a even keel sometimes.

We do try to be friendly to everyone and hope members are to each other,

there is a fine line between so called banter and extracting the urine.

We keep trying to improve things for the benefit of all...
Just my opinion mate (not that it counts because I'm relatively new here) but there's not really much you could do to make the site better, you all do a great job and everyone on here are decent people, the only thing you need to do is get a few more members and that's it really.
Well done mods
Old 23-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Authorised Trader

As I've said before, this is by far the friendliest forum I've been on.

I've got to know some great people from Scoobynet, but there are a few there who are very rude and obnoxious, especially to people asking genuine question they want to know the answer to.

But as others have said, most forums are like that these days.
I use Pistonheads a lot, and some of the people on there make the few Scoobynet idiots look like saints.

And I know praising the MLR is popular, but there are idiots on there aswell. Last year there was a thread with a few members boasting about drink and drug driving, making out everyone does it. When I mentioned I don't, and don't agree with it I was told to f-off.
And some of the behind the scenes stuff on there is a bit naughty aswell IMO.
Old 23-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Gold Member

Haven't been on SN for years. There's some great people on there that I'm still friends with but I couldn't face all the other crap.
Old 23-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danwrx View Post
Couldn't agree more, ses is a great enthusiast site with a great bunch of people, shame it's not as busy as scooby net but hopefully in time it will be, scooby net is full of idiots that are just out to pis* people of, I think this and audisport.net are the best forums out there, (used to own audi's and lived on audisport)
It was a bit of a shock to the system going from audi-sport to scoobynet. I'd never come across anything like it. Still go on there though, you just have I trawl through the same old rubbish to find the good reading. Had a great initiation on there when I put a picture on of my little girl in a subaru jacket, went on for about 7 pages! I also go on detailing world most days which is a good forum. Scoobynet is unique to say the least.
Old 24-01-2014, 04:49 AM
Platinum Member

I still go on Scabbynet most days, mainly forsale section and the MSOC
Old 24-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

I only go on Scoobynet to use the for sale section and if I'm after a "How To", I never ask for information. I put mine up for sale on there and I think the first five posts were telling me it wasn't worth it and they or a friend had brought a mint STI for half the price. Good for them, I don't care, I never asked for a valuation.

Unfortunately there are people on every forum that try and stir things up and there are also those that post things quite innocently and it comes across as something completely different. I always make a point of re reading my posts before I hit the button, something I've learnt from sending emails, especially in the heat of the moment. You have to remember that once you've hit send it's out of your control, it can be forwarded, cut and pasted and shared and before you know it, something that is said in the heat of the moment or as a bit of fun is over every forum, facebook and Twitter.

Some people can handle a bit of Banter, some can't, I certainly wouldn't say something if I didn't at least know them personally, I know we all take the mick out of the colour of BIG Es car but we all know him, I know there are other WR1 owners on here who I don't know so I wouldn't say anything. I'd never comment negatively on someones modifications unless they asked for my opinion and even then I'd just say it wasn't what I'd do but if they like it that's all that matters.

Basically, if you wouldn't say it their face, don't say it at all.

Shane
Old 24-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Silver Member

I agree with everything said here. The number of 'flaming wars' on SN is ridiculous. I tend not to log on that much these days.

However, SES is a great place with a fab bunch of enthusiast
Old 24-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Silver Member

well im glad it isn't just me that feels this way and more glad I found SES....

the good guys/girls are here!!!
Old 25-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Hoo? View Post
I've had my car from new 2002 and first joined SIDC 2003. Most of the members at that time were mature adults. The odd member being around 25ish. Because of the cost of insurance and the price of the cars themselves it preclude the young driver and those that could afford it generally respected the older members.
Now it seems that the older cars are more affordable and younger drivers are able to get insurance or not.
Although I'm 65 this year I still think there is some good forums SES, 22b, P1 etc but some of the clubs, over the years have become very young male testosterone driven. Which in my grumpy old git opinion is a shame.
Thank goodness for SES and the hard work that goes on behind the screens by dedicated members.
Might go and wash the car now that's off my chest.
Kind regards Hugh
You are in my age bracket Hugh, and I could not agree more. I joined SIDC in 2000 and was on it all the time. Don't visit there now, and this is the only Scooby site for me, and it's the best it's ever been. Well done Guys!!
Old 25-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Gold Member

The SIDC is going through a fair bit of change behind the scenes as far as I am aware, so it may come good again.

I know a chap who recently joined the committee and he's a good egg and has been doing quite a bit of work.

National clubs and forums are naturally harder to run, but I must say, this and Surrey Scoobies are the best two sites I regularly visit from my perspective as they are properly run by and with decent people.
Old 25-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Bronze Member

I was on there for a wile but as most of you no i cant spell for toffee and people would post just to point that out . The thing is i probley make twice what they do a year even if they can spell better that me . LOTS OF NOBS
Old 25-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Silver Member

Thats KNOBS! lol
Old 25-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey05 View Post
I was on there for a wile but as most of you no i cant spell for toffee and people would post just to point that out . The thing is i probley make twice what they do a year even if they can spell better that me . LOTS OF NOBS
You must be far superior if you make more money
Old 25-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Bronze Member

The point i was makeing is that its hard work that gets you places not pointing out peoples short falls . your not a member are you
Old 25-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member

Yep and have been for over 10 years now
Old 25-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey05 View Post
Must have gone to the same school as me then
Old 25-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Bronze Member

The way i see it is all my vast experance some thing had to be pushed out to make room in my huge brain and spelling was it
Old 25-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

As with alot of the above I don't go onto scoobynet a great deal, mainly to check out car parts and breakers. But just recently I have been on there more in the last few months then the last few years.
There are some good guy's that still hang around in there, mainly from the old days, who are all willing to help one another out.

I've been talking/working with SilverScoobySport recently : http://bbs.scoobynet.com/projects-40...n-project.html to sort out his ECU issues, as we go back many years to the time when fitting Brembo's to a classic was a new thing.
Also working with 2Pot to sort out a range of re-manufactured springs for Classics (which we nearly have sorted).
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/group-buys-...portunity.html
And
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/suspension-...iscussion.html
Although I am getting a little tired of swapping suspension over now....maybe 2 more swaps and we'll have the final solution...LOL....