South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Default discs

Am I right in saying that your discs are held in place with a screw on the front discs on a classic .
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Regular User

i dont think so it's just your wheel nuts that hold them in place
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member

Intresting as every other car ive had have a screw to hold them in place .
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Silver Member

once calipers off disc is free unless its been on for a while then you will need 2 bolts to wined through the 2 holes on the disc to free up,
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member

Ok just that the discs i've got to replace the old ones have two holes one on each side for screws as I took my alloys off today to give them a proper clean while they were off I checked both front discs and I could move them back and forwards which I don't think is safe .
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Ok just that the discs i've got to replace the old ones have two holes one on each side for screws as I took my alloys off today to give them a proper clean while they were off I checked both front discs and I could move them back and forwards which I don't think is safe .
Those 2 holes are just there for no reason apart from proberly when u need screws for them to go on other type of car lol
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby O'Neill View Post
Those 2 holes are just there for no reason apart from proberly when u need screws for them to go on other type of car lol
Ok must mean that I need to change my discs and pads then if I can move my discs so easy . next time your down my way pm the day before and I will give you my number and take you down to the breakers to have a look at what they got for parts .
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The disc will flop about a tad with the wheel off and no screws, this is normal. You dont really need the screws in as the wheel when tightend will center the disc where it needs to be. 90% of original screws either snap or round off when they need to be removed.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
safe as houses buddy!! the 2 holes are there to screw bolts to help release the disc when its stuck on there rather than using a hammer, once wheel is on the disc isnt goin anywhere!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

Happy with all the info going to change them anyway as they are getting low and mot is due soon .
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Bronze Member

I let u know Scotty cheers. Only thing I recommend is when buying disc don't get drilled and grooved I not long help my m8 changed his back to normal ones due 2 cracking in 3 places on 1 disc on the holes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Happy with all the info going to change them anyway as they are getting low and mot is due soon .
go for some godspeed discs and kevalar pads! for the price you cant go wrong!! £99+ post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

Already bought standard discs and pads ive had them for a few months now just not fitted them lol
Old 01-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Already bought standard discs and pads ive had them for a few months now just not fitted them lol
any joy fittin the nurspec??
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
any joy fittin the nurspec??
Nope garage was shut today hopefully get it done tomorrow afternoon when I get back from battle rail station near hastings .