South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 20-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Bronze Member

Default Time for a change???

Well not that much of a change but have hopefully found a nice blob sti with low miles for sale and was what you guys think I should ask for trade-in wise?

Or if someone wanted too make me an offer I'd be happy to listen
Old 20-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Put it in the for sale section with all the details. Would be good if it sold on here and would certainly get you more money then a dealer would offer.
Old 20-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

ebay shows GB270's range from 7k-11k for dealer ones so think of the hit on p/ex....you might get 8500? at a guess

sell it privately as scott says and be in a better position to knock someone down
Old 20-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Regular User

How comes your your changing.Thought you had only just had it repaird?
Old 20-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
ebay shows GB270's range from 7k-11k for dealer ones so think of the hit on p/ex....you might get 8500? at a guess

sell it privately as scott says and be in a better position to knock someone down
£8500 LOL....no where near mate. That's all I got for the STi PPP 42,000 miles, hence why I stripped it of £1600 worth of extra's.
GB270 Trade is going to be more like £6000.

Parkers pitch a 2007 at £5650 Trade in......and parkers was spot on with what we got offered for my Wifes SEAT Altea a couple of weeks back.
Old 20-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

well it was a guess
Old 20-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Bronze Member

Now in for sale section, obviously I know that its better to sell a car privately rather than trading but sometimes its just less hassle. Can but see if someone is interested.

Last edited by GB270Adam; 20-01-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 20-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB270 J View Post
How comes your your changing.Thought you had only just had it repaird?
Have seen a nice STI for sale J
Old 20-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Silver Member

Nice that!! Swap for my blob wrx lol
Old 20-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Nice that!! Swap for my blob wrx lol
Cash only I'm afraid Bonner
Old 20-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Silver Member

Was only jokin bud! what makes you want to chop it in for a blob sti??
Old 20-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Was only jokin bud! what makes you want to chop it in for a blob sti??
Just makes more sense to buy one rather than modding this one as I'd only be modding it to around STI spec but without the 6 speed gearbox, DCCD etc. Nige from here suggested it couple of weeks ago but couldn't find anything that caught my eye then.

Last edited by GB270Adam; 20-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 20-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

Yeah know what your sayin bud im in the same boat! but my only option is to drop an sti lump in! would be nice to have a propa one but not got that sort of money, hopfully works out just as good or better good luck with the sale!
Old 20-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Bronze Member

Cheers mate, think at the end of the day part ex-ing will be easier, we all know what traders are like so its what I'll be able to get out of him to sweeten the deal, how much would it cost you to stick an STI lump in yours?
Old 21-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB270Adam View Post
Cheers mate, think at the end of the day part ex-ing will be easier, we all know what traders are like so its what I'll be able to get out of him to sweeten the deal, how much would it cost you to stick an STI lump in yours?
not sure what it is with traders but most people i know who have brought from them end up with some right crap!! Having to spend on problems ect!!,

For the engine i recon £1.5k-2?? then cost of ecu possibly loom and labour??= alot lol! hoping to buy an insurence wright off then i can do everything in one go!!
you could be better off taking a trip to jpp and ask if they could sort you out with a px?
Old 25-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Bronze Member

Might be returning to a past love of mine with this :-

Seem to be quite a few good ones out there at the moment.

Edit. sorry about the cropped photo.
Old 25-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member

Boo hiss
Old 25-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

Trouble with the m3 like all beemers there good untill they go wrong! far to over engineered far to heavy and very tail happy!! ive had a few bmw and are lovely motors but the drive is nowhere near as fun as a scoob hence why i went back! I do miss the harmon kardon sound system tho! if i had another bmw would have to be a 330 msport coupe tdi only due to the fact a remap can chuck the torque figers above 400! happy days!!
Old 26-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Bronze Member

Well half the deed is now done as the GB is now no longer in my possesion, so its bye bye Scooby
Old 26-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well half the deed is now done as the GB is now no longer in my possesion, so its bye bye Scooby
did you get what you wanted Adam? its sold quick
Old 26-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Gold Member

Congrats on the quick sale. M3s are fantastic cars, and one of the best handling rear wheel drive cars for the money. The handling is very linear, and I'd recommend a test drive.There's some great bargains for the E46s at the moment with standard M3s reducing, but with CSs and CSLs firming. I've never had a vert but had a couple of coupes. They're about 100 kg heavier than the new age from memory. There's some great independent garages around that give a great service and are far cheaper than main dealers. Never had a problem so far, but fortunately never had a major problem with any of my scoobs either.

Have a quick look on M3 Cutters for some. buying advice and what to look for. Good luck with the car hunt!
Old 26-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Gold Member

very nice bmw,it would look nice with hardtop.
Old 27-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Bronze Member

HongKongfooi - It ended up going to we buy any car as they gave me the best price for it, even subaru themselves tried offering me a stupid price for it.

Scooby_Greg - I have already joined cutters mate, the guys there seem quite welcoming, some really nice E46's on there as well.

Ralliart_Didz - Thanks Didz, luckily it does have a hardtop and stand with it, I believe the guy who owns it is a doctor so I'm hoping he's spared no expense while owning it, Off to see it this coming Sunday so fingers crossed its as nice in the flesh as it is in the pictures.
Old 27-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
HongKongfooi - It ended up going to we buy any car as they gave me the best price for it, even subaru themselves tried offering me a stupid price for it.

Scooby_Greg - I have already joined cutters mate, the guys there seem quite welcoming, some really nice E46's on there as well.

Ralliart_Didz - Thanks Didz, luckily it does have a hardtop and stand with it, I believe the guy who owns it is a doctor so I'm hoping he's spared no expense while owning it, Off to see it this coming Sunday so fingers crossed its as nice in the flesh as it is in the pictures.
good luck hope all goes well for you!! keep an ear out for a rattley vanos!
if all goes well and you join a few bm forums keep an eye out for yan!! hes a local fella a mate of a mate,he can point you in every direction you need he owns a savage twin turbo horsepowerfreaks m3 did work in westham but now works for munich motors? a very handy person to know when it comes to m3!!