South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Unlock I phone 3g, and jailbreak it.

Not big into phones and know little about them but:

Impusively just bought a second hand I phone 3g on O2 for the missus. I needs to unlock it, and jailbreak it.

Anyone got any novice instructions on how to unlock and jailbreak it, and also where I can lookup some jailbreak apps.

Must be some phone techies in here that can help me.

Cheers
Rob
Old 11-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Silver Member

not sure myself but have a look here:-

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=241644

majorgeeks is a usefull site
Old 11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Crowman

Hi Rob
Do a search on YouTube that's what I did on my old iPhone 3 , found a really good tutorial and just followed it .
Old 12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Regular User

It all depends on what firmware its on,once jailbroken,you just download apps to unlock,and add a "source" to get the free apps,search " installous" on the web
Old 13-11-2011, 10:50 AM

All sorted - Amazing bit if kit, and even more amazing now its been jailbreaked.....
Old 13-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Crowman

Nice 1 Rob, what did you use to jail break in the end
Old 13-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Nice 1 Rob, what did you use to jail break in the end
Used Redsnow. Athough I had trouble getting the software as servers seem to be down, but got it from a bit torrent in the end.

I tried Greenpoison first but didn't seem to work on a 3g. But looks like a good bit fo software for the later generation phones, and claims to offer untethered as well.
Old 13-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Crowman

Exact same as me, could get to same point every time with green poison, but no further. Are you using cydia for apps now
Old 13-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Cydia is OK, But installous 4 is epic for apps. You can getting virtually anything and its easy to use. Some very big tittles to be had including all major brand satnavs, top tittle games etc.

I Just need to find an app that lets me backup I phone downloads to PC now, in case the phone every crashes and it needs a complete reboot/format.

My bandwidth and download usage has taken a hammering recently.