South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 15-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Silver Member

Default High quality car cover

My car is going to be off the road for some time as i am using my Bike, does anybody know of a High quality Subaru car cover, always been a bit causious of covers but if there is one that someone can recomend that is high quality and use themseleves i would be happy to purchase...
Old 15-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member

Worse thing for you car mate, car covers.

I have my car detailed & colour corrected once a year by a guy the knows most things about car care and he says you are 10X better off leaving it out in the open opposed to putting a car cover on it.

Mine is outside most of the time and I've never put a cover on it.

If you did still want one Halford do one (large) that fits ok.
The medium size is not large enough to cope with the rear wing.
Old 15-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Silver Member

I thought that they were a bad idea, just wanted to hear from someone else.... How much does the guy charge to colour correct and second of all what is colour correct, is it where they touch up the bits that have faded???

I have been thinking to get a full blow over on mine as in some places the lac is pealing....
Old 15-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member

No mate he doesn't get involved with touch up pens.

I try to keep my car looking nice and when I dropped it off to him last year I remember looking at it thinking " he wont get that much cleaner than that".

When I collected it (after his 30 hours of work) my gawd what a difference !!.

He owns towels that are only made from things like the North African Gibbons anal hairs and waxes from The Common Fruit Bats testicles.

Cleaning a car is a sexual passion to this chap

He will charge you about £ 250 and he will spend 30 hours on your car and you WILL be happy with the result.

Check out "detailing world" then "Gallery" then look for "P1 cleaned".
He done a feature on my car and you can see the difference)

He had a workshop in Sheerness or will come to your place. People normally give him a bed for the night as he spends 2 full days on it.
Old 15-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Skullfudge;92165] He owns towels that are only made from things like the North African Gibbons anal hairs and waxes from The Common Fruit Bats testicles.

Cleaning a car is a sexual passion to this chap [QUOTE]

Old 15-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Silver Member

Tried looking for his sight on the internet but it is coming up with a Forum.. Is that what your talking about Clive??
Old 15-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Bronze Member

I have my P1 under a cover but its properly secured and like 4 layers thick, the inside layer being as soft as a babies bum. The main reason is to stop the bird **** and stuff as I only use the car once in a blue moon.

As Clive said I don't think car covers are that great for your car but mine's been on over the winter and during these warmer months. What I do do however is take the cover off once in a while and give the car a good clean then a proper polish.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
North African Gibbons anal hairs .

lol, I think their playing at the Forum in Tunny Wells this weekend.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

LOL playing at The Forum.

Tyler.. yes mate, thats the one. Detailing world forum.

Dazzler82 will be the thread poster

Krissy has it right when it comes to car covers, multi layer and a polish every now and again.

A standard car cover though would be a no no.
Old 15-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
LOL playing at The Forum.

Tyler.. yes mate, thats the one. Detailing world forum.

Dazzler82 will be the thread poster

Krissy has it right when it comes to car covers, multi layer and a polish every now and again.

A standard car cover though would be a no no.

As said above please dont get a £10 one it'll look as though cats have used it as a scratching post, get one with a real soft liner, if your going to use one at all mate.
Old 15-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Silver Member

Cheers bud, will do, although Clive has just cleared up what i thought. Really, so might not really use them
Old 15-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Cheers bud, will do, although Clive has just cleared up what i thought. Really, so might not really use them
Up too you fella, mines been fine for nearly a year now and I have only probably used the car 10 or 12 times if that.
Old 15-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Silver Member

Hmmmm... Still debating as my other mate who has a P1 said the same thing, he paid just over £200 for his cover and he said it is the nuts, and takes it on and off all the time..
Old 15-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

If the cars staying in one place for a while and you've got the room, you'd be better off with some form of Cartent (pretty much just a gazeebo, i've got an old caravan awning that does the job)

If you go for a cover, make sure you give the car a good protection layer prior to using the cover. That way the wax / sealent will hopefully take most of the rubbing and protect your paint underneath. I've never liked car covers
Old 15-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member

Another option would be to ring me up, We can some and saw the front of your house off, then you can park your car in yer lounge
Old 16-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
If the cars staying in one place for a while and you've got the room, you'd be better off with some form of Cartent (pretty much just a gazeebo, i've got an old caravan awning that does the job)

If you go for a cover, make sure you give the car a good protection layer prior to using the cover. That way the wax / sealent will hopefully take most of the rubbing and protect your paint underneath. I've never liked car covers
Already have one... Just a little inpractical

Quote:
Another option would be to ring me up, We can some and saw the front of your house off, then you can park your car in yer lounge
If it was as easy as just sawing the front of the house of believe me i would of done that the first day i got the Scoob..
Old 16-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Can you come to mine and do that please!!!!