South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 15-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Regular User

Default Road Trips

So Ive had my subaru for about 2 weeks now and ive already been to Kent twice to pick up parts one being a lambda sensor on sunday because the old one was rusted in the old downpipe and wouldnt come off without some light encouragement and we wanted to start the car up after fitting the new exhaust and of course monday was far to long to wait haha anyone else driven crazy distances for a bargain? or am I just impatient
Old 15-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

My interior came from Doncaster, my exhaust from Watford - but I was travelling round England for work so neither were far out of my way.... furthest I've gone just to collect something for the scoob was to Bristol.
Old 15-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Regular User

haha i managed to persuade my cousin to take me in his corsa as it would cost me way to much in fuel we managed to fit a facelift front bumper in there though i did have to sit against the dashboard on the way back lol
Old 15-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

I can't do road trips down south to collect parts would uber dear for me that's why I get them delivered .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 16-04-2015, 07:56 AM

When I had my first car (corsa) I travelled 250 miles to pick up a set of wheels....

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 16-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

Ran in my 2.35, had it mapped and was at the Nürburgring in 9 days

Went and picked up a turbo from Sheffield, roll cage from Dorset and had the Evo worked on in Plymouth
Old 16-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member

Drove to Goodwood to pick up an exhaust from Silver Surfer who lives a 2 minute walk down the road from my own house